I have posted before how timely it was to discover bullet journal. Now, the third month of the year is almost over, I have finished one notebook. I am contemplating on buying myself another journal – a proper one, a filofax (so I could just put inserts), or make one myself.
I love DIYs especially those that I can do in the computer. I am still old fashion because I still prefer writing everything, especially my to-do list in pen and paper. Also, I’m not one of those who always have their phones in hand, so when a thought or an idea suddenly comes, I write it down. The notebook is handier for me.
WHAT IS THE BULLET JOURNAL FOR:
As my bullet journal (BuJo for the enthusiasts) journey grow, I found reasons, aside from the obvious, why one should at least have a journal. Found these reasons in Pinterest (credits to the owner). It is for:
- Tracking Time. (to keep track of appointments)
- Expense Tracker. (If you’re like me, I’m kind of an impulse buyer) Since I’m trying to save, I always have a budget but girls will be girls. I don’t shop a lot but I overspend. So I can keep track of my expenses and cut down what isn’t necessary.
- Journal. (duh!) I am not really into writing my feelings and stuff, but now, when I want to rant, aside from publishing it in FB or here in my blog, I write it in my journal first. I can trim down what I can post and what I can’t. So there’ll be no regrets.. hehehe!
- Gratitude Journal. Well, not all days are bad. We also need to see the beauty and goodness in every situation. This helps me see the positive and also keep a positive mind. It helps me stay sane.
- Exercise Journal. To monitor my exercise progress. I have a love-hate relationship with the scales since I haven’t lost anything after one month of walking. But I guess I got toned. Most of my clothes are baggier. That’s my consolation.
- Quotes I love. I love Pinterest… thank you so much. But I can’t always be online, so I write inspirational quotes and verses – again, to help me stay sane.
- Art and Doodle notebook. If you’re an artist, you keep a drawing pad around, right? For me, I just want to practice my handwriting.
- Goals Journal. I write here what I need to accomplish this year. I haven’t done any yet… LOL!
- Bucket List. Same as Goals Journal
- Writing Exercise. Poems, Short Stories, or basically just practice my handwriting.
- Language Journal. I wanted to learn languages, particularly French, Spanish, and Mandarin?!. I have to write anything that I’ve learned. Although, it doesn’t help me sometimes.
If you want to see what I’ve started, click here.
I have managed now to put it in categories. I don’t think I have done much yet, but the good thing about BuJo is, you can customize.
Note: I made the inserts… Feel free to use it whenever you like.
Hope you enjoy your bullet journal journey as much as I do.